Stroller Tips for Disney
To Stroller, or not to Stroller
For years now, I shared my stroller tips for Disney with so many of you. Whether you traveled to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, Disneyland in Southern California, or on Disney Cruise Line, I’m always happy to share my tips! Well, now we have all my personal stroller tips in a video for you to help with your stroller decision!
Tips on best the ages to take advantage of a stroller rental
So what are the best ages to take advantage of a stroller rental? Can you believe that at ages 8 & 9 my children still fit in a stroller? They even started to push one another! If your children are 9 or younger, having a stroller at Disney is going to save your trip. My husband and I along with our children log 100+ park visits a year (for the last 8 years!). So we know a thing or two about whether a stroller is worth the effort.
My Three S’s when considering a stroller rental
I break down my tips for why you are going to want to have a stroller at Disney. I call them the 3 S’s. SANITY, SUN & SAFETY.
How much walking do you typically do a day? For one typical theme park visit we can log anywhere from 6 to 9 miles depending on the day. That is a LOT of walking for adults, let alone children with shorter legs. A stroller can help your child avoid tired feet and help parents get ahead of potential meltdowns.
Orlando heat is extremely hot and sunny. You can expect to spend about 5 to 6 hours of your day at Disney World outdoors. Our preferred stroller, The City Mini GT, comes with a 50 SPF sunshade to help protect your children from the sun. Add to that, it comes with a complimentary rain cover too, which comes in handy during the rainy season!
Using a stroller in the Disney Theme parks makes it easier to navigate big crowds. This is especially true at the end of the night after fireworks shows. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios all have fireworks spectacular each night. Animal Kingdom has the lighting of the Tree of Life – a more tranquil nighttime spectacular that is animal friendly. After nighttime shows, crowds can get tight and bottleneck often towards Disney transportation. A stroller will allow you to keep your kids protected during high crowd volume.
One more stroller tip to keep in mind regarding a stroller at Disney
Having a stroller doesn’t mean you are tied to it all day. You can park your stroller in any designated stroller parking area and return to it later when the kids need it most.
Do you have any strollers tips to share with us? Add a comment below!
Have Questions about planning your Disney Trips?
Since Disney is always changing (and by always we mean sometimes daily) we created this group for our clients to stay in the know. Join our free Facebook group: Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Tips & Tricks
Our Facebook group discussions include Walt Disney World Resorts in Orlando, Disneyland Resorts in Southern California, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani a Disney Resort and Spa in Hawaii, Adventures by Disney, and Universal Orlando Florida.
Our group is unique because we offer first-hand knowledge of what we learn inside the parks and resorts, and cruises that we frequent often.
You may ask questions, post photos, share trip reports, offer cool tips they learned on their last vacation, and more!
Our group is family-friendly so even the kids can join in the fun.If you are new to the group and have not yet booked travel with us, what are you waiting for? Take a look around and see if what our clients have to say impress you enough to join us on your next adventure!
What is Mouse Class Travel?
We’ve been awarded Disney’s highest designation of Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with Earmarked Gold Status. (←That’s fancy language that means we have Disney’s stamp of approval).
We help you create a Disney experience that fits your family better than Cinderella’s glass slipper.
Best part? It doesn’t cost more to book with us—and yet you get so much more:
- Spend more time making memories and less time waiting in long lines (with hot and restless kids) with our Detailed Individualized Daily Planning Itinerary.
- When Disney makes changes (Hint: they always do. We make sure you know ASAP and update all your plans accordingly.)
- We’re a small but mighty team. This means that if you need help you’re dealing with one person, not calling into a call center. (Gasp…not everyone who answers the phones at Disney is a Cast Member)-If a new discount pops up, we’re on it! No long hold times trying to get through to Disney Direct.
- One of us is on-site at Disney World monthly–so we understand everything from luggage transfers to getting from a particular resort to a theme park on time.-Not only do we plan your logistics like hotels and which days you go to a park, but we also help you plan your day as much or as little as you want.
- We’re experts at creating your daily itinerary at all four parks—which means we strategically plan your day so you don’t waste half the day waiting in line for Slinky Dog Dash or walking back and forth across Epcot.
You can book a call with us right here: www.mouseclasstravel.com/free-quote-request
🌟Have a magical day!
Founder of Mouse Class Travel
Want Disney updates in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly email here.
Contact Mouse Class Travel to book your
Dream Disney Vacation
Or join our Facebook Group to keep up with all the latest changes in and around Disney Destinations!
Leave a Comment